Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 10 oz of cooked dark red kidney beans
- 10 oz of cooked black beans
- 10 oz of cooked white (cannelini) beans
- 5 oz of drained chickpeas
- 5 oz of cooked cranberry beans (You can use any 5 beans that you like)
- Tomato Paste
- Chili powder
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- fresh bazil
- fresh or dried cilantro
- salt (optional)
- black pepper (Fresh is best)
- red pepper flakes
- your favorite tomato sauce
- vegetable stcok or water
Saute onions and garlic in a frypan, add chili and spices to onions
and brown for a quick release of flavor.
Add beans, one type at a time from most firm to least firm.
Add tomato paste and tomato sauce to taste. (More chili powder and cilantro can be added here)
Bring to a bubble (not a boil) and serve over brown rice.
(You'l need a big pot!) Enjoy!
Preparation time: 25-30 minutes.