Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 can of Brown Lentils (or prepare your own!)
- 1 can of Peeled Tomatoes (or prepare your own!)
- 1 can Baby Potatos, cut into quarters (or prepare your own!)
- 1 green capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 zuchini, sliced
- black pepper to taste (plenty in mine thanks!)
- cayenne pepper to taste (go easy here!)
- curry powder to taste (just a touch!)
- turmeric to taste (more than you think!)
- OPTIONALS: 1 can Baby Corn
- 1/2 pkt Frozen Beans
- stale vegan bread
This is a recipe I developed when I was at university with
no time to look after myself. You can prepare this SO easily
with the canned products listed above. The recipe was
inspired by the "mess of pottage" story from my childhood
(Jacob and Esau).
It tastes really good, and is really filling. I have never
had anyone not like this one.
Preperation is, of course, put all the ingredients in a pot,
heat to boiling whilst stirring, and then let simmer until
you run out of time! The secret is in the spices.
Preparation time: 15 min