Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 8 medium size potatoes - boiled and mashed
- 1/2 can (or approx. 150-200 g) kidney or soya beans. If canned beans, warm for about 2 min.in microwave and then mash them roughly.
- 3 green chilli and a small cube of ginger minced together. (the amount can be varied acc. to taste)
- 3 tablesp. chopped coriander
- Salt and lemon water according to individual taste
- 1 small onion - chopped (can be excluded/included as per desire)
- your favourite cooking oil (I generally use soya oil)
- bread crumbs
- bread for burgers
Toppings can be varied according to one´s own taste and
fantasy: 1 med. onion, 1/2 bunch of your favourite salad -
lettuce or alike, Ketchup and/or chilli sauce.
Mix the boiled, mashed potatoes and the roughly mashed beans
and add all other ingredients except last three. Mix
properly and add 1 tablesp. oil (warm in microwave for 30
sec.). Oil can be excluded if one wishes except
in cases when the potatoes are very dry (since oil gives a
little sticky consistence which keeps burger together
instead of it breaking in pieces).
Take the burger mixture (size : a pinch larger than table
tennis ball), and form a thin, flat burger as per the size
of the burger vegan bread. i generally take care that there are no
splits in the flatened, formed burger or else the burger
tend to break during frying.
Brush very little water/oil on both sides and apread bread
crumbs on both sides.
Warm the burger bread in the oven (according to the
information on the package) and place the potato - bean
burger and the toppings and enjoy them.
NOTE: These burgers can also be grilled. i would recommend
not using bread crumbs when grilled since that gives a dry
At last, I hope you enjoy them. Please do not hesitate to
contact me directly for further tips.
Preparation time: 1 hour