Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 3/4 Cup (177 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 TB (22 ml) Mandarin sauce (try Asian stores, may sub with yellow bean sauce)
- 1 TB (15 ml) black bean sauce (available in Asian stores)
- 1/4 TS (1 1/4 ml) salt
- 1/4 TS (1 1/4 ml) garlic powder
- 1 TS (5 ml) vegan soup base powder
- 2 ea.16 oz. boxes (908 g) firm tofu, drained and cut into very small cubes
- 3/4 TB (11 ml) cornstarch
- 2 TS (10 ml) rice vegan cooking wine (try Asian stores, may substitute with any vegan cooking wine)
- 1 TS (5 ml) chili paste (available in Asian stores)
Combine the first 6 ingredients in pan and stir. Place pan
on high heat. When mixture reaches a boil, add tofu and stir again.
Mix cornstarch with 2 TB (30 ml) water. When tofu mixture reaches a boil again, add corn
starch mixture and stir again. Continue stirring until tofu mixture thickens; reduce heat
to medium. Stir in vegan cooking wine and chili paste. Allow to cook another
minute, then turn off heat. Let dish sit for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
Serve hot over rice.
Preparation time: 20 minutes