Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 300 gram tin red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 500 gram sliced zucchini
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 470 gram tin tomatoes in juice
- 2 peppers sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg plant
- 125 gram cheese
- 30 gram soy non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 2 onions chopped
- 125 gram mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2/3 cup water
- salt & pepper; paprika; extra oil
1) Slice egg plant into 1 cm. rounds, brush with oil and
grill on both sides until brown.
2) Heat oil and butter in pan.
3) Add zucchini, onions, garlic and saute until zucchini is
4) Add peppers & mushrooms, saute, stirring occasionally
until peppers are just tender.
5) Add undrained, mashed tomatoes, herbs, water & tomato
paste. Stir to combine. Simmer uncovered 3 mins.
6) Add drained beans- heat another 3 mins.
7) Put mixture in oven-proof dish. Cover firstly with egg
plant slices that have been drained.
8)Cover the egg plant layer with thin slices of
vegan cheese(optional). Sprinkle with paprika
9)Bake in a mod. oven 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 mins